The Oracle-No-Parameterized-View mystery ...

From: Martin T. <bilbothebagginsbab5_at_freenet.de>
Date: 27 Jun 2006 06:12:01 -0700

Hi all.

Simple Question: Why does Oracle not support parameters to views?

Now don't tell me it does, it does support a bunch of workarounds which all in all will suffice for one problem or the other, but still they are workarounds. (I for example will use a PL/SQL function returning a ref cursor.)

The question remains - a parameterized View seems to be a feature many people would like to use, so it's quite a mystery to me why Oracle is not implementing such a thing.

Any opinion on this matter is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
best,
Martin Received on Tue Jun 27 2006 - 08:12:01 CDT