Shell script to catch PL/SQL return values

From: <send.vamsi_at_gmail.com>
Date: 27 Jun 2006 03:47:45 -0700

Hello,

I need some help from the experts on PL/SQL and Shell scripting. I need a shell script that runs a PL/SQL procedure and gets the values returned from the PL/SQL procedure into the shell variables. The PL/SQL procedure returns multiple values.

I was able to assign a single return value from the SQL statement to the shell variable as below, but what about multiple values...

bash-2.05$ more shellsql.sh

#!/bin/ksh

#set -x

outvar=`sqlplus -s apps/apps <<EOF

set heading off feedback off verify off

select bug_number from ad_bugs where bug_number='4289310';

exit

EOF `

echo $outvar

Thanks for your help on this. Received on Tue Jun 27 2006 - 05:47:45 CDT