Re: Accessing other Tablespace

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 06:59:41 -0400

"Christian Schneider" <Dudeldd_at_gmx.de> wrote in message news:449d179b$0$4516$9b4e6d93_at_newsread2.arcor-online.net...
: Hi, how can I access a table of another tablespace for just one table,
: (mytablespace.table didn't work)
: or how can I temporarily change the used tablespace for the entire
session?
:
:
: Thanks,
:
: Chris

you can't, and you don't need to

tables are accessed in the context of schemas (i.e., owners, accounts)

tablespaces generally control physical storage of data and are accessed for database administration, not data manipulation

if the table is in your schema, just use the table name, regardless of the tablespace

if the table is in another schema, and you have privileges on the table, use the schema name (otherguy.sometable)

make sure you look into concepts manual, 2-day developer, application fundamentals, etc. at http://tahiti.oracle.com

++ mcs Received on Sat Jun 24 2006 - 05:59:41 CDT