Prompting multiples times in PL/SQL??

From: <qazmlp1209_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 22 Jun 2006 06:18:38 -0700

The Table format is as follows:

SQL> desc MyTEST;

 ----------------------------------------- --------

----------------------------
NAME VARCHAR2(10 CHAR)

I want to add 10 rows into this Table, with each row containing the 'name' that I want to enter.
The following PL/SQL script does not work:

 declare
  i number;
 begin
          for i in 1..10 loop
               insert into MyTEST(name) values ('&name');
          end loop;

    end;

It prompts for the 'name' only once and the same name figures in all the rows. But, I want to be prompted 10 times and each time I want to enter different 'name'. How exactly I should adapt the PL/SQL script for this? Received on Thu Jun 22 2006 - 08:18:38 CDT