Re: Identify which user accesses an Oracle table.

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 18:19:36 GMT

Michael B wrote:
> Without having Glovia modify their product, can you think of any way
> that I could implement a trigger that can identify which user logged
> onto Glovia is accessing a table?

Oracle can pull only so much information from the application, most of which must be explicitly supplied by the application itself. As you have seen, when the user uses the application, the "os user" from Oracle's perspective is the daemon that is running the app, not the actual end user. That is all that Oracle can see with respect to your problem. Since this daemon is running the app, it connects to the database with a single database account (I'd be willing to bet). So that doesn't tell you much more.

You'll have to contact the vendor for more help....

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net