Re: REGEXP_REPLACE doesn't give the desired output

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <vladimir.zakharychev_at_gmail.com>
Date: 21 Jun 2006 10:11:37 -0700

Jure wrote:
> Hi Vladimir,
>
> as you suggested, I tried '[^[:digit:]]' and it works ('[^[0-9]]'
> doesn't work....)
>
> Thanks to all of you for your suggestions.

Well, [^[0-9]] was treated as "non-decimal-digit" since RE inception, but I can confirm that it's not recognized as such in at least 10.1.0.4 - and works properly in 10.1.0.5 (shame, shame.) However, [:digit:] POSIX character class is supported in all 10g releases and patchsets and is more self-descriptive, so you may want to use it everywhere.

Regards,

    Vladimir M. Zakharychev
    N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)     http://www.dynamicpsp.com Received on Wed Jun 21 2006 - 12:11:37 CDT