DBMS_CRYPTO question

From: <nkunkov_at_escholar.com>
Date: 20 Jun 2006 10:46:20 -0700

Hello,
I'm using DBMS_CRYPTO.hash (SH1) and DBMS_CRYPTO.encrypt (AES256). I'm hashing and encrypting VARCHAR2(12) and NUMBER(32) columns. I'm wondering what is a max length of my hash for both datatypes and what is a max length of my encrypted string for both datatypes. I'm converting the output of each function (raw(2000))to varchar2. I need to know the max size of that character string that would be returned. Thank you for your help.
nk Received on Tue Jun 20 2006 - 12:46:20 CDT