Oracle and Java 1.5

From: Paul Foerster <paul.foerster_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 10:40:21 +0200

Hi,

... Houston, we have a problem... ;-)

I have to load Java byte code into an Oracle 10g database for execution. I created the usual "hello world" example in Java, compiled it into a .jar file and ran that from the command line. This worked fine. Trying to loadjava the compiled byte code into the database failed. This is with Java 1.5.

Everything works fine with Java 1.4! This is what Oracle uses.

But I need to be able to load Java 1.5 compiled byte code into the database. After all, this is not about "hello world". ;-)

Can somebody please tell me whether this is possible at all, and if so, what I will have to do to the database to make it work with Java 1.5?

I'm a DBA and no Java guru, so if you're referring to Java specific terms, please use plain English and not too much Java terminology. ;-) I'm even proud to have managed to create a good working .jar file. :-)))

Sorry for the x-post but this is an urgend issue here, and I'm also not sure if I'm in the right group(s).

Thanks very much in advance for helping.

--
cul8er

Paul
paul.foerster_at_gmx.net