Re: No automatic indexes

From: Brex <b.beltran_at_riskreturn.ch>
Date: 15 Jun 2006 06:47:07 -0700

Thank you guys for your comments.

The reason I don't want to generate indexes automatically when creating tables with Pk in Oracle is that I'm creating my tables with a powerdesigner script in which model I've already defined pks, fks and indexes(half of them are defined on the same columns as the ones in the primary keys). PD is obviously generating a CREATE INDEX statement after a CREATE TABLE and when running the script, Oracle complains because some columns are already indexed.

What we are doing now is generating separate PD scripts, one for tables, one for indexes and one for primary keys, which are executed in the same order, so indexes are created before Pk. But we'd like to generate all in one script.

The ideal is not to change the PD model (in order for Oracle to run the script with 0 complaints), cause we are generating the same DB model for PostgreSQL and Sybase. And since we are in a development stage and have lots of tables, doing all this work every time we change sth is unsufferable.

Do you have any optimal idea that could work?

I will really appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks in advance!
Brex Received on Thu Jun 15 2006 - 08:47:07 CDT