Re: PLS-00225: subprogram or cursor reference is out of scope: REF CURSOR required?

From: <chilecayenne_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Jun 2006 14:36:07 -0700

Sybrand Bakker wrote:
> On 14 Jun 2006 09:30:11 -0700, chilecayenne_at_yahoo.com wrote:
>

> >I thought you could use one cursor's fields in another cursor, as long
> >as it was declared after the primary one....
>
> No you can't, as a cursor is nothing more than a pointer to a piece of
> memory.
> You need to fetch the cursor in a *record*, which can be bound to the
> cursor as follows
>
> cursor c1 is ... etc
>
> r1 c1%rowtype;
>
> You can refer to the components of a record in a cursor definition.
> A cursor definition can also have *parameters*, just as procedures and
> functions.
>
> Why you until now used a REF CURSOR beats me. Probably because you are
> unfamiliar with the PL/SQL reference manual, in which this is all
> documented.

Thank you for the quick reply. I am working on the run...was run out of New Orleans by Katrina...and while I have machines...I have NO documentation really to go by...just found some old examples here and there....and looking on the web and USENET.

:-)

I think I figured a way around this with your suggestions. Thank you,

cc Received on Wed Jun 14 2006 - 16:36:07 CDT