Re: Please help me validation Of Interface

From: Vijay <avbhaskarreddy_at_gmail.com>
Date: 12 Jun 2006 07:32:11 -0700

samirsinha11_at_gmail.com wrote:

> Hi all
>         Please send me some suggestion how to validate requision open
> interface & Item open interface. I am looking forward of ur reply.
> Thanks a lot
> Samir

Hi Samir,

 I think you are asking about Oracle 11i Requision import interface(PO) and Open Item import interface(INV).It is all depends on your requirement based on Functional Spec and Technical Specs.

While inserting into Interface tables from staging tables check for all the Mandatory columns and you need to validate all the values like Vendor Name,Vendor Site Code, Bill To Location,Ship to Location,Item,Category,UOM CODE in each interface table. ( you need to validate values like weather value(ex vendor name) is exist in Oracle or not and weather status of the values is active or not. )You need to do all the validations for all values what you are getting from staging area .
you can get more information in metalink

https://metalink.oracle.com/

Some info on PO_REQUISITIONS_INTERFACE_ALL table required cols. You must always enter values for the following required columns when you load
rows into the PO_REQUISITIONS_INTERFACE_ALL table:
¦ INTERFACE_SOURCE_CODE to identify the source of your imported
requisitions
¦ DESTINATION_TYPE_CODE
¦ AUTHORIZATION_STATUS
¦ PREPARER_ID or PREPARER_NAME
¦ QUANTITY
¦ CHARGE_ACCOUNT_ID or charge account segment values
¦ DESTINATION_ORGANIZATION_ID or DESTINATION_ORGANIZATION_
CODE
¦ DELIVER_TO_LOCATION_ID or DELIVER_TO_LOCATION_CODE
¦ DELIVER_TO_REQUESTOR_ID or DELIVER_TO_REQUESTOR_NAME
You must always enter values for the following required columns if you load rows
into the PO_REQ_DIST_INTERFACE_ALL table:
¦ CHARGE_ACCOUNT_ID or charge account segment values
¦ DISTRIBUTION_NUMBER (Although Requisition Import won't give an
error if
you don't provide a value, a DISTRIBUTION_NUMBER makes it easier to query multiple distributions in the Distributions windows in Purchasing.)
¦ DESTINATION_ORGANIZATION_ID
¦ DESTINATION_TYPE_CODE
¦ INTERFACE_SOURCE_CODE

Additionally, you may have to enter values for the following conditionally required
columns.

You can get this type of info in metalink & oracle supplied user guides..

Regards,
Vijay.. Received on Mon Jun 12 2006 - 09:32:11 CDT