Combining column values across rows with sorting

From: puneet <kataria.puneet_at_gmail.com>
Date: 12 Jun 2006 04:49:51 -0700

Hi,
I'm absolutely new to oracle & have been asked to write a query which combines multiple columns into a single row.I'm sure that this can be done using 9i but havent been able to figure out how. The table is:

Emp ID                  Code                      Name
1                              d                          ddd
1                              b                          bbb
1                              c                          ccc
1                              a                          aaa
2                              p                          ppp
2                              z                          zzz
2                              a                          aaa

Req o/p using a query is:

Emp ID                  Details(sorted according to Code before
concatenation)
1                          aaa,bbb,ccc,ddd
2                          aaa,ppp,zzz

I'll highly appeciate it if anyone can tell me the query to get this result.
Thanks. Received on Mon Jun 12 2006 - 06:49:51 CDT