Re: error while loading shared libraries

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 11:44:09 -0700

Tom Cat wrote:
> This is on RHEL4 with Oracle 10g.
>
> We installed Oracle. When we try sqlplus we get:
> error while loading shared libraries: libclntsh.so.10.1: cannot open
>
> I googled a little bit and found this means that LD_LIBRARY_PATH needs
> to be set to $ORACLE_HOME/lib or that I needed to add that to a file
> called oracle.conf and put it into /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ and then run
> ldconfig
>
> I did the latter and got the error:
> /sbin/ldconfig: /export/home/oracle/OraHome_1/lib/libexpat.so.0 is not
> a symbolic link
>
> Now I'm really over my head. A google search for "Oracle libexpat.so.0
> is not a symbolic link" turns up only 13 results and none of them are
> very helpful.
>
> Obviously I need to turn libexpat.so.0 into a symbolic link, but where
> should it link to and why isn't it already a symbolic link??
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Just one question. Did you read the installation document and make the required changes to the kernel or just put the CD into the machine and type ./runInstaller?

I've performed this installation many hundreds of times and never once had an error.

But to help ... go to www.psoug.org
Click on Morgan's Library
Click on Grid Control
follow the steps following the heading: "Operating System Installation and Configuration."

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington