error while loading shared libraries

From: Tom Cat <stry_cat_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 9 Jun 2006 05:57:54 -0700

This is on RHEL4 with Oracle 10g.

We installed Oracle. When we try sqlplus we get: error while loading shared libraries: libclntsh.so.10.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I googled a little bit and found this means that LD_LIBRARY_PATH needs to be set to $ORACLE_HOME/lib or that I needed to add that to a file called oracle.conf and put it into /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ and then run ldconfig

I did the latter and got the error:
/sbin/ldconfig: /export/home/oracle/OraHome_1/lib/libexpat.so.0 is not a symbolic link

Now I'm really over my head. A google search for "Oracle libexpat.so.0 is not a symbolic link" turns up only 13 results and none of them are very helpful.

Obviously I need to turn libexpat.so.0 into a symbolic link, but where should it link to and why isn't it already a symbolic link??

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance. Received on Fri Jun 09 2006 - 07:57:54 CDT