Is an Array-Insert the same as using SQL Loader?

From: dean <deanbrown3d_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 8 Jun 2006 21:12:34 -0700

Or are they two separate processes?

Here's my problem, any help would be appreciated. I need to be able to post around 500 to 2000 records into an output table fast, once the user scrolls off a master record (or, in other words, it has to be responsive). I have tried all kinds of tricks, such as the MERGE statement, multi-row inserts using select bla from bla union all select bla2 from bla union all ...., etc.

What are some of the alterntive methods I could try here? I am using Oracle 9.2i and 10g on a single processor windows environment. The output table has generally 2 million records with around 20 field.

Thanks for any help,

Dean Received on Thu Jun 08 2006 - 23:12:34 CDT