IO controller term in oracle

From: <unix.guru1_at_gmail.com>
Date: 7 Jun 2006 03:53:56 -0700

Dear all

I am little confused about IO controller term used in oracle docs . Can

someone explain what is IO controller , is it some hardware card ? or software feature etc ?

Waiting for your prompt reply

here is extract from the document

AQ (Advanced Queuing) operations result in high number of insertions and deletions

from the database. Hence, I/O values on the database will be high and will need

careful tuning. Based on the volume of operations, you may want to increase the

number of I/O controllers on the machine.

In the test environment, the following observations have been verified.

¦ With the 3 I/O controller, a throughput of 40 messages per second
with 7 sending

threads was achieved.

¦ With the 12 I/O controller, a throughput of 100 messages per second
with 9

sending threads was achieved.

here is document link

http://www.huihoo.com/oracle/docs/B14099_19/wireless.1012/b13820/perf...

Thanks Received on Wed Jun 07 2006 - 05:53:56 CDT