Re: Invalid directory path / service name

From: <diego.carpintero_at_eu.dendrite.com>
Date: 6 Jun 2006 07:16:38 -0700

Thanks for your answer

> Question: did you verify the directory path?
yes

> Question: did you run the stored procedure when you got the error on
> the client? Where do you think the stored procedure runs?

Yes, by using TOAD, I did: execute package.procedure();

I think, that the stored procedure runs on the server.

> Did you look up the error in the Oracle Server messages manual?
> What does it say?

ORA-29280: invalid directory path

Cause:	A corresponding directory object does not exist.
Action:	Correct the directory object parameter, or create a
corresponding directory object with the CREATE DIRECTORY command.

> Why do you think it has something to do with the Service *name*?

I thought it was possible to assign permissions to a service name.

> Are you running Oracle on the server as local administratror, using
> the SYSTEM account. This is the only correct method., It will also
> give you all privileges on all files on that server.

I think so Received on Tue Jun 06 2006 - 09:16:38 CDT