Re: Ado and Stored procedure params destroy problem

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob--nospam--_at_dynamicpsp.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 14:30:19 +0400

"Alen Cappelletti" <cocker_at_libero.it> wrote in message news:1149067685.442279.157640_at_c74g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
>> To free the resources no longer utilized and give
>> the garbage collector some food to feast upon?
>

> ?? It's an error? Only destroy recordset?

Generally speaking, it's an error not destroying any objects you created once you are done with them. However, as the variables go out of scope, epilogue code can destroy them automatically, or GC can clean them up some time later. It all depends on runtime implementation and I am not very well versed in how VB does it.

--
   Vladimir M. Zakharychev
   N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)