Re: Oracle 9 NT Authentication "conn / as sysdba" - Role issue ?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 19:14:22 +0200

On 30 May 2006 06:43:48 -0700, "Davep"
<davepylatuk_at_centurysystems.net> wrote:

>Now I understand that I dont want to use connect / as sysdba.
>
>I do have an Oracle account named: OPS$JOHN but get 'insufficient
>privileges' when
>I am logged in to the domain as 'JOHN' and try to do: 'conn /'
>
>What am I missing ?
>
>Thanks.

The default os_authent_prefix is "". Oracle recommends it leaving it that way.
Your Oracle account needs to read as <MACHINENAME>\username, IIRC the machine name must be in uppercase, username in lowercase. Alternatively you could use your <DOMAIN> All IIRC, I would need to verify this at my work.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA