Re: problem with sql plus

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 06:09:01 -0400

"Shahnaz" <ahamedshahnaz_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1148709808.840105.217880_at_g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
:I am not using any command line, i am trying see from sql*plus only!
: thanks for your suggestion like spooling, i know this. please assist me
: how to see in the sql*plus, read sql*plus manual but no such granule
: information.
: Thanks in advance
:

'set linesize' was already suggested, and it's in the manual

however, some versions of sqlplus (you did not specify your version) do not always work properly with wide lines

so you many need a combination of 'column xxx format' commands to narrow the column widths plus the 'set linesize' to set the maximum display width

i have found that sometimes if i set linesize very large and then reset to the actual width i want, sql*plus behaves better -- but that's not consistent

version 10.x seems to be better behaved

\++ncs Received on Sat May 27 2006 - 05:09:01 CDT