Re: Insert Update Delete CLOB in trigger

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <vladimir.zakharychev_at_gmail.com>
Date: 25 May 2006 06:24:10 -0700

A couple of problems here:

CTX_DOC.FILTER() requires a Text index and accesses the base table to filter the document, hence ORA-4091. In fact, most of the code in the
trigger is waste, because CTX_DOC.FILTER() truncates the output CLOB and can create new temporary CLOB for you automatically if you pass in NULL CLOB locator. But the main problem is that you are using wrong API. Lookup CTX_DOC.POLICY_FILTER() procedure in Text Reference for your release, it is what you should use. However, at least on 10.2.0.2,
I was unable to force this procedure to filter to plaintext regardless the
PLAINTEXT value, it always filtered to HTML for me.

Hth,

    Vladimir M. Zakharychev
    N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)     http://www.dynamicpsp.com Received on Thu May 25 2006 - 08:24:10 CDT