Re: Question about triggers

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 20:52:27 GMT

Hooman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Do triggers start firing upon completion of the commit transaction?
>
> For example, if I have updated tables T1 and T2, and I have a trigger
> on T1 that depends on T2 transactions getting committed, do I need to
> make sure T2 gets commited first and then commit T1? Or could I simply
> commit once and the T1 trigger gets fired after both tables are
> commited?
>
> Thanks,
> Hooman

Any actions inside the trigger are considered part of the current transaction. The trigger gets fired when the defined action happens. The transaction and the actions of its trigger will either be rolled back or committed at the end of the transaction.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net