Re: Unusual ORA-01438 Errors

From: MellyGirl <melly-girl_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 08:12:41 -0500

Thanks for the response. This is probably where I fail at Pro C and what it can do, but how would I
be able to look at the returned values and compare their value to the value of the receiving field in C? I suggested doing a select, to pull the data before executing the "update" as well as printing out the host variables. The unfortunate part of that is they are afraid it will slow down processing and they cannot have that.

I was hoping that someone would have a suggestion for printing out the values without involving doing a "select" first. Of course, if that is not possible, then that would enforce my earlier thoughts that a "select" would need to be done in order to get a "before" and "after" snapshot of what was there.

Thanks!