Re: French characters

From: Laurenz Albe <invite_at_spam.to.invalid>
Date: 17 May 2006 08:37:59 GMT

Alt255 <alt255.2005_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I have had my company escalate this to Microsoft, see if they can help,
> I suspect it's a problem on thier side

From the previous discussion it has become quite clear that the problem in this case is not Microsoft's.

It is that you entered 8-bit characters into a database with the 7-bit character set. You must fix this.

I see two things that you could try (and I hope that someone will correct mw if I am wrong):
- Attempt to change the database character set to match the character set   in which the data you entered were encoded. Maybe that will work. - Create a new database with a correct database character set, somehow   get the data out from your current database (not sure how) and insert   them into the new database.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe Received on Wed May 17 2006 - 03:37:59 CDT