PL/SQL Package Level Subtype Problem

From: <rajbrown_at_gmail.com>
Date: 16 May 2006 10:11:23 -0700

Hi, I'm having problems writing a value to a field of a variable which is declared as a table subtype. I have a package which declares the subtype (in the spec) as follows:

SUBTYPE rec_info IS info%ROWTYPE;

Within the body I declare a variable of type rec_info. I have two procedures, one which inputs a variable of the same subtype which then gets copied off to a local variable in the package. In the second procedure, I want to overwrite some of the fields in the variable with values into that procedure:

lr_info rec_info;

PROCEDURE p_save (pr_info IN rec_info) IS BEGIN
    lr_info := pr_info;
END; PROCEDURE p_save (pv_text IN VARCHAR2) IS BEGIN
    lr_info.text := rtrim(pv_text);
END; The first p_save procedure saves the record locally ok and I can see values in it when I debug. However the second p_save does not overwrite the value in lr_info.text and when I debug it shows me the previous value already stored via pr_info. Hard coding a string to overwrite lr_info.text does not work either.

If anyone can suggest what I can do I'd be very grateful!

Thanks. Received on Tue May 16 2006 - 12:11:23 CDT