Re: Cursor curiosity

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 23:53:37 +0200

On Mon, 15 May 2006 21:22:16 GMT, "Dereck L. Dietz" <dietzdl_at_ameritech.net> wrote:

>"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote in message
>>
>> Two comments. (1) Why did you post this and (2) why are you writing
>> cursor loops in Oracle 9i? They are obsolete.
>
>1) Because I thought this was a place where I could get answers to my
>questions. I guess I was wrong since I'm not.
>2) Because that's the way it is written right now and, instead of not
>getting an answer, I wanted to know why it wasn't working.

Getting answers requires a problem description that can be understood by someone who is not looking over your shoulder, and can't read minds.
Your post requires both skills, as 'doesn't work' and 'doesn't pick up' probably implies a specific result or absence of a result, which can't be read from the post.
Apart from potential concerns about coding style, this is, as far as I'm concerned, the only reason I didn't response. I'm not looking over your shoulder, I can't mind read, and you abstracted the code, and left out any result.
This is a safe way to avoid getting responses, as this is a volunteer forum, and people usually don't want and also can't spend too much time on trying to understand vague posts.

Regards

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA