French characters

From: Alt255 <alt255.2005_at_gmail.com>
Date: 12 May 2006 10:32:40 -0700

I've looked everywhere for a solution and can't find one. We have french descriptions in our Oracle data warehouse that I need to use if the client is flag as speaking french. Through SQL/PLUS I can see the umlauts (accents) like the letter é. But MS Access mixes them up with another character. I have set my computers language to English(Canadian) and ever French(Canadian), nothing changes. I will not parse every word to test for the characters because the filed is too long and the recordset large.

I have cross posted this to the MS Access discussion group, but thought that one of you Oracle DBAs may have came across such a problem with your users in a MS Access envirnment.

 Any ideas how I can configure this? Received on Fri May 12 2006 - 12:32:40 CDT