Re: table which keep tracks of chron jobs history

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 01:17:43 GMT

swapna.marri_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We schedule the pl/sql procedures and queries through cron jobs.
>
> for example if you run any .sql script(contains 2 to 3 actions i.e
> queries,procedures ),it will produce an output saying "procedure ran
> sucessfully"....."23456 rows inserted succesfully" etc etc..
>
> the cron jobs will produce the logfiles where we can check whether that
> particular job ran successfully or not.
>
> The same thing i want to see in the form of oracle table which keep
> track of job name,when the job has ran succesfully,at what time etc
> etc..
>
> so that we will have the history of the jobs in a table having
> information like at what time what all jobs has ran successfully.
>
> how can we pass this information to a oracle table..
>
> I know that the errors can be collected by making use of exceptions
> where we will make use of procedure.
>
> how about the succesful commands????
>
> Thanks,
> Sappi

You did not include a version so I am not sure if my answer is relevant....

In Oracle 10g, run your jobs through the Scheduler. You will be able to see the history of the job executions.

If that still does not meet your needs, then in your PL/SQL routines, the last thing you'll want to do is to INSERT some tracking information into a database table. Then you can go back and look at this.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net