Re: Oracle transactions and DDL statements.

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 09:33:19 -0700

peter.koch.larsen_at_gmail.com wrote:

> The table creation has nothing at all to do with temporary tables. The
> fact is that when we deliver our software we have no idea what tables
> there should be.
>
> /Peter

>> Jim

This statement is horrifying. I read your original post and reread it again just now. It appears that faced with a business problem you chose a solution independent of best practice and independent of the architecture of products, such as Oracle, on which you might implement it.

I'd suggest that you both reconsider you choices and reconsider the above statement. The above statement is so bad that I have kept a copy of it to present to my Oracle students as an example of why projects fail. You've earned the dubious honor of being a "bad example" at the University of Washington (though I did remove your name from the slide).

Seriously ... your statement equates with ... I don't care about security, stability, scalability, performance, or maintainability.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington