Re: connect / as sysdba

From: <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 9 May 2006 14:14:05 -0700

Raj wrote:
> Yes, the DB runs on my laptop and i am trying to connect from the same
> machine. I installed it as myself and i can logon as
> connect sys/sys as sysdba
> but connect / as sysdba does not work.

Seeing as how the "as sysdba" syntax ignores the username and password, I'm sort of wondering what you are really doing:

C:\Documents and Settings\joelg>sqlplus "sdflj/boobobo as sysdba"

SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Beta on Tue May 9 14:08:34 2006

Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Connected to:
Oracle Database 10g Express Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Beta

SQL> First of all, what version are you on?
How did you create the password file? Are you absolutely sure you spelled the filename correctly? *pwd* instead of *pw* will blow you off.
Have you tried remote_login_passwordfile=none? The parameters changed from 9i to 10g. Are you conversant with the differences between pfile and spfile?
What are the _exact_ commands you are entering? What happens when you try it in quotes from the shell, like sqlplus "/ as sysdba"
How are you setting up your environment? Do you have an environment chooser?

Please remember to briefly quote what you are replying to, as in a newsgroup your replies won't necessarily follow the posts.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
ORA-20000: Oracle Text error:
ORA-20000: Oracle Text error:
DRG-50901: text query parser syntax error on line 1, column 1
You might need to remove punctuation or the keywords AND, OR, NOT.