oracle.AQ.AQOracleSQLException: Cannot map Unicode to Oracle character.

From: ManojRawat <ManojRawat.27j0e0_at_no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 01:58:59 -0400

Hi,

I am trying to insert German and French character data into 9i database running on Linux 32 bit. We are using java "thin" driver for this . When I insert data using SQL prompt, I am able to store it into the database, but when I try to do it with java program which uses "thin" driver, it throws the error " oracle.AQ.AQOracleSQLException: Cannot map Unicode to Oracle character " while storing French characters, but for German characters it works fine.

Is this a problem caused due to the "thin" driver which I am using or some jdk version problem. Can anybody put some light on this?

Thanks and Regards,
Manoj Rawat.

--
ManojRawat