Re: connect / as sysdba

From: HansF <Fuzzy.Greybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 21:50:38 GMT

On Mon, 08 May 2006 13:31:22 -0700, Raj wrote:

> Hi,
> I am a newbie and i am going through the Oracle DBA guide. It says
> you should be able to use connect / as sysdba. But i am not able to
> connect. I get the following error.
>
> ERROR:
> ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
>
> I am in ORA_DBA group in windows. My init.ora file says
> remote_login_passwordfile=EXCLUSIVE
> My sqlnet.ora has the line authentication line commented out like
> #SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS)
>
> I would appreciate any help.

I assume you are on the same machine as the database.

Can you log on using the userid that installed the database software?

--
mailto: Fuzzy_dot_GreyBreard_at_gmail_dot_com
Top posting in newsgroups is a sure way to stop my replies!

I reserve the right to change my mind on anything.  Especially when confronted with facts that are better than the ones I use right now.