Oracle10gRel2 RAC on solaris9 installation problem

From: IT-Prof-Unix <kaleemd_at_gmail.com>
Date: 8 May 2006 04:32:25 -0700

I am installing Oracle10g Release2 on Solaris 9. I have Veritas Volume manager with cluster feature (CVM) enabled. I created the OCR and voting disks with proper permissions in the shared disk group under VxVm.

The clusterware installtion was going fine. I had started "root.sh" script. While this script was formating "voting disk2" I happened to make "Ctrl+C" by mistake. The script aborted.

After this I deleted the "crs" home directory, "oraInventory" directory, and /var/opt/oracle directory, and also the ocr and coting shared disks and tried to start the clusterware installation again. However the "root.sh" aborts in the early steps even before the "ocr" and voting disks formating process. I get the following error :

root_at_db907srv1 # /u01/app/crs/root.sh
ln: cannot create /u01/app/crs/lib/libskgxn2.so: File exists ln: cannot create /u01/app/crs/lib32/libskgxn2.so: File exists Checking to see if Oracle CRS stack is already configured Checking to see if any 9i GSD is up

Setting the permissions on OCR backup directory Setting up NS directories
PROT-1: Failed to initialize ocrconfig
Failed to upgrade Oracle Cluster Registry configuration

Seems the CRS was not removed completely. Please help me on how to make a complete removal of the oracle from this machine and start the installation phase again.

Thanks Received on Mon May 08 2006 - 06:32:25 CDT