Re: [Oracle 10g] Can't run SQL Scripts. Why?

From: <peter.koch.larsen_at_gmail.com>
Date: 8 May 2006 02:09:04 -0700

gazzag wrote:
> peter.koch.larsen_at_gmail.com wrote:
> > I have been able to run scripts for a while, but now I am unable to run
> > anything - no matter what user I login as. The errorcode is as follows:
> >
> > ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into
> > ("FLOWS_020100"."WWV_FLOW_SW_RESULTS"."FILE_ID")
> >
> > Unable to submit the script to run.
> >
> > (If I instead of the script try to run my code as a SQL Command, the
> > result is: "The requested URL /apex/wwv_flow.show was not found on this
> > server ").
> >

> How were you running the scripts before? Via SQL*Plus? The error you
> mention seems to point to a munged HTMLDB/Apex install. When did it
> all stop working?

Hi Gazzag

Well... I ran the scripts via the HTML-interface. Why/when it stopped working, I do not really know. Even after reinstalls (where I had to manually remove files entries from the installed directory and entries in registry in order to properly remove the product), I have not been able to run scripts. Also, even simple SQL can not run from the SQL Commands dialog. As an example,

CREATE TABLE ttt
(

   id int NOT NULL,
   PRIMARY KEY
   (

      id
   )
)

gives the error "ORA-00911: invalid character"..

I also tried to use SQL*Plus, but initially the only command I could make work was "EXIT". Not even HELP worked. Removing the "/nolog" option from the startup line did make SQL*Plus perform without any problems (so far!).

All in all my new meeting with Oracle (last visit was version 7.x) has been disappointing. I'm quite confident that Oracle basically is a nice and stable product, but what I've met with 10g simply is so sloppy I'd never recommend it to others.

Kind regards
Peter Received on Mon May 08 2006 - 04:09:04 CDT