Re: Upgrade Blues

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob--nospam--_at_dynamicpsp.com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 12:47:01 +0400

"Brian Peasland" <oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net> wrote in message news:IyrsJu.AB_at_igsrsparc2.er.usgs.gov...
> raghu wrote:
>> I guess you are correct, wrapped objects in oracle are the encrypted
>> objects. Does anyone have an idea about upgrading the database version
>> with wrapped objects?
>>

> [...]
> And the wrapped code will be unaffected by the upgrade.

Except a few cases where previously accepted flaws in PL/SQL code will not be accepted by 10g PL/SQL and you won't be able to fix these flaws because the source code is not available and obtaining it from wrapped code is said to be impossible... Especially when you upgrade from 8i, because in 9.2 most of the new restrictions and checks are already in place.

--
   Vladimir M. Zakharychev
   N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)