Re: SQL *PLus

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 10:16:56 -0400

"HansF" <News.Hans_at_telus.net> wrote in message news:pan.2006.05.02.13.07.05.451157_at_telus.net...
: On Tue, 02 May 2006 05:55:21 -0700, Procrastinator wrote:
:
: > What's the advantage of using SQL Plus over other tools like Toad. Its
: > extremely difficult/cumbersom and output seems very bad. Is there
anything
: > you can do with SQL Plus that you cant do with Toad.
: >
:
: You can use it in any organization that does not permit third party tools
: to be installed.
:
: Then again, why use Toad instead of SQL Develoepr?
:
: --
: Hans Forbrich
: Canada-wide Oracle training and consulting
: mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com
: *** Top posting [replies] guarantees I won't respond. ***

Hans,

I got real excited about SQL Developer when it went beta -- but it still has a ways to go.

There's some basic things they just didn't get right -- like the ability to open a saved pl/sql program to a procedure edit window, and a usable data maintenance grid.

It's still a matter of you get what you pay for -- I hope the dev team follows through on a promising start, but if they can't get basic day-to-day functionality right pretty soon, SQL-Dev is really starting to lose its shine for me.

++ mcs Received on Tue May 02 2006 - 09:16:56 CDT