Creating remote table thru a DB Link

From: Dan <daniel.ostertag_at_visaer.com>
Date: 28 Apr 2006 09:48:11 -0700

I am trying to do a 'create table as select' to create a remote table, but I am getting the error "ORA-02021 DDL operations are not allowed on a remote database". Is this operation at all possible? The error seems to say no but I've read and been told that you just need the privs to do this on the remote database but I don't know the privs.

For example, this is what I need to do:
- have a dblink from instance 1 (local) to instance 2 (remote)

The database link is logging on to the remote db as a user that has the privs to create tables. Is there something I need to do to make this work or is the operation just not possible?

Thanks,
Dan Received on Fri Apr 28 2006 - 11:48:11 CDT