sqlldr - loading elements into a varray, manipulating them at the same time.

From: Kevin <kevinherring_at_lycos.co.uk>
Date: 28 Apr 2006 04:04:11 -0700

Hi
I am loading data using sqlldr. My table has two columns: a number, and a varray:
What I want to do is multiply each element of the varray by 10 as it is inserted into the table. Here is my example ctl file:

LOAD DATA
INFILE *
INTO TABLE kevin_test
APPEND
FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"' TRAILING NULLCOLS
(
Col1 ":col1*10",
Col2 varray count(constant 3)
  (

        LLF ":llf*10"
  )
)
BEGINDATA
10,15,20,35

The multiplication on Col1 works fine, but I cannot get the varray to work. The above complains that it wasnt expecting ":llf*10". Any ideas?
Thanks
Kevin Received on Fri Apr 28 2006 - 06:04:11 CDT