Re: Oracle 10g - Display database data, edit it and write back to database

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 07:00:09 -0400

"timoomit" <timo.flad_at_octocon.de> wrote in message news:1146125359.591424.216850_at_t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
: Hi,
:
: I had a look at all mentioned applications and they seem to be not
: exactly what I was looking for.
: The objects in our database are business processes and what we want do
: to do with them is to display them in diagrams and put the information
: about them in some extra window you can open by double clicking on the
: process symbol. Furthermore, business porcesses which are in relation
: are supposed to have connecting lines between them.
: That's why I was asking for an alternative to Visio which is not able
: to display data itself but only the database schema as far as I know.
: We would like to use Visio business process diagrams and their symbols
: and link them with database objects.
:
: Timo
:

that's a whole lot clearer than your first post...

you can embed links in visio diagrams and save them for the web under various formats

these diagrams can then be integrated into an Apex application, or you can use Oracle's PL/SQL Web Toolkit (mod_plsql) to write a totally custom application.

this is the approach i took for a 'knowledge base' prototype recently

++ mcs Received on Thu Apr 27 2006 - 06:00:09 CDT