[OCI][9i]How can a fetch freeze an application ?

From: Herode <cbrun_at_geomapgis.com>
Date: 25 Apr 2006 02:42:49 -0700

Gentlemen,

I have an OCI-based code making all the Oracle calls for the main application. All that stuff works, except in one specific environment. In this case, the app freezes on the first call to ::OCIStmtFetch2(...).

The select * from dba_blockers and the SQL traces do not evidence any lock. Anyway, even if the app is multithreaded (and the OCI environment initialized in OCI_THREADED mode), I am the only user connected to the database for this test. Moreover, the blocking fetch follows the execute of a simple select query, not even a select for update.

I wonder if the fact that the app is started as an XP Service has something to do with this lock ? Are there any communication pitfalls in this case for OCI ?

I'm stuck with this bug for some days now, any help or idea will be greatly appreciated !
Best regards,
C. Received on Tue Apr 25 2006 - 04:42:49 CDT