Re: Record and Raw types

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_arcor.de>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 17:18:16 +0200

schw schrieb:
> HI
>
> I've got a simple structure like the following:
>
> DECLARE
>
> TYPE LOGON_PACKET IS RECORD(
> szUsername CHAR(256),
> szPwdEnc CHAR(256));
>

> logonPKT LOGON_PACKET;
>
> and when I call
>
> ret_val := utl_tcp.write_raw(c,logonPKT);
>
> I get type mismatch error because logonPKT is not a raw type. what
> shall i do?
>
> best regards,

If you are on 10g ,you have at least these possibilities to convert from char/varchar2 to raw before you call utl_tcp.write_raw() :

http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/appdev.102/b14258/u_i18n.htm#sthref14773 http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/appdev.102/b14258/u_raw.htm#sthref15363

write your own converting function using hextoraw()

Best regards

Maxim Received on Mon Apr 24 2006 - 10:18:16 CDT