strange behaviour using to_char to return daynumber

From: mich \(at work\) <someone_at_mail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 13:40:32 +0100

Hi,

Our P and A department has raised a query about one of their reports

They use windows SQLPLUS ( Release 9.2.0.1.0 ) to execute the query.

The report uses the day number (1 - 7).

When we run the report in Windoze, it returns a different value to when we run on UNIX using the same instance and user

DB version 8.1.7.3.0

Windoze : Monday returns 1
UNIX Monday returns 2 (which I assume is correct)

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,

Michael Peel.. Received on Mon Apr 24 2006 - 07:40:32 CDT