Re: Handling single quotes in data and SQL

From: dean <deanbrown3d_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 Apr 2006 20:31:18 -0700

Oracle 9.2 and 10g servers. Windows app using ADO.

select decode (q'B dean's code B', ' dean''s code ', 'same', 'different') from dual

DECO

same

1 row selected.

Well that's interesting! It doesn't draw properly in SQL+WS, which is why it threw me off earlier, but it does run ok. I dunno how it will work with ADO, I can't test it right now.

Thanks!
Dean Received on Thu Apr 20 2006 - 22:31:18 CDT