Performance: BITMAP index vs. Non-Bitmap Index

From: <antonberg1_at_gmx.de>
Date: 18 Apr 2006 12:44:31 -0700

Hi,

in the explain plan of an sql-statement I have the following part: BITMAP CONVERSION TO ROWIDS
and then a Bitmap-Index is used.

Now, I deleted the Bitmap-Option from this index and the sql-statements are performing much better. They only need 20% of the time, when using a Bitmaped index.

What could be the reason for this? The conversion?

Thanks for your help,
Anton Received on Tue Apr 18 2006 - 14:44:31 CDT