Re: tEMP TABLES IN oRACLE

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 08:42:59 -0700

Kuldeep wrote:
> I have table Dept.
> i want a temporary of structure same as Dept., so that temporary
> table can hold some records from dept. How to do this in oracle

To echo Sybrand. Oracle is NOT Ingres, NOT Informix, NOT SQL Server, not Sybase, and NOT DB2. What you are trying to do is kludge a methodology you learned elsewhere into a product where it is both unnecessary and inappropriate.

In Oracle you can do it ... but you shouldn't.

State the business case and we will help you with the best practice for Oracle.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org