Re: Trying to simplify an sql query

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Apr 2006 01:15:32 -0700

Hopefully you are not playing games this time. You really should try to post the query you want help on right away. Obviously, null isn't a table, so it surprises me you manage to submit it, or you seem to hang the parser by doing this.

select t1.location from t1 aa, t2 t2
  where aa.project = t2.project and aa.year = t2.year and aa.month = t2.month
  and 1 =
(select count(*) from t1 bb where aa.project = bb.project and aa.year =

bb.year
group by bb.project, bb.year
)

Note I don't comment on the table design.

Hth

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA