Re: Forms 6i Tab Canvas "Irregularities"?

From: Dereck L. Dietz <dietzdl_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 19:36:52 GMT

> it really does not sound like you are using Forms correctly
>
> you should not need to be putting in insert and update statements (where
in
> the world are you putting them?) -- just base your blocks on the database
> table, and the select, insert, update, and delete statements get manage
for
> you automatically by forms
>
> also, your previous comment about using the WHERE Clause Block property is
> the incorrect way to do block coordination -- and in fact, is probably why
> your new records aren't showing up

  1. I only put the actual insert/update code to see if I could get a work-around. I've written this form previously and it worked using the forms retrieval and save abilities without my having to code. As I've spent the entire weekend trying to get this to work I'm desparate and trying anything I can to just get it to save.

> also, your previous comment about using the WHERE Clause Block property is
> the incorrect way to do block coordination -- and in fact, is probably why
> your new records aren't showing up

2. My records ARE being saved and I am using the where clause to retrieve records okay. I have no problem with RETRIEVING records. As I have stated my problem is when I try to SAVE my form. If I have data in both the BATTING and PITCHING block I am okay; if I have data in the BATTING block only I am okay; however, if I have data only in the PITCHING block I get a message saying that the field must be entered in the BATTING block.

My problem is NOT block coordination. I have no problem with retrieving the data. The problem is with SAVING it. I have written plenty of forms where I use a where clause like I am here to retrieve information based on my key block. Received on Sun Apr 16 2006 - 14:36:52 CDT