Re: Newbie Questions

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 15:19:33 -0400

"Dave" <daveandteresa_at_tesco.net> wrote in message news:txv0g.52548$Nh7.48630_at_newsfe4-win.ntli.net...
: Hello All,
:
: I'm going to be learning all about Oracle databases in my last year at
: university, even though the courses start in September/October time I
would
: like to get a head start as I want to work with Oracle databases as a
career
: path when I graduate.
:
: So I have the Oracle software from the website however my laptop is not
: powerful enough to run it....
:
: So can anyone let me know what sort of machine I would need in order to
run
: an instance of Oracle efficiently?
:
: Also any advice regarding helpful websites would be gratefully received,
: be honest any advice at all would be gratefully received!
:
: Thanks in advance
:
: Dave
:
:

The recommendations listed with the Oracle XE docs are reasonable, but you should have at lieast 512m (i think they recommend a minimum of 256m)

++ mcs Received on Sun Apr 16 2006 - 14:19:33 CDT