Re: Forms 6i Tab Canvas "Irregularities"?

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 20:18:35 -0400

"Dereck L. Dietz" <dietzdl_at_ameritech.net> wrote in message news:Udf0g.16217$tN3.11062_at_newssvr27.news.prodigy.net...
: I'm trying to work on a form (Forms 6i, Oracle DB 9i on Windows XP Pro)
: which has three tab pages on it. Two are database blocks and the third
: isn't.
:
: The tab pages are, in order of display on the form:
: Batting
: Pitching
: Bio
:
: I'm having a problem which is totally confusing me to the point where I'm
: not sure even WHAT to look for and check out to try to fix this.
:
: Here are the situations and results:
:
: 1. Batting and Pitching information entered. Form will commit and
process
: successfully.
: 2. Batting information only entered. Form will commit and process
: successfully.
: 3. Pitching information only entered. Form will NOT commit nor process
: successfully.
:
: I need to figure out a way to get the form to commit successfully if only
: Pitching information is entered. I'm at a complete loss as to what to do
: and would appreciate any suggestions/advice.
:
: I'm also sorry for the scarce details but I can't figure out what's going
on
: right now to give more details (that I can think of). If more specific
: details are needed I'll do my best to provide them.
:
: Any help would be greatly appreciated.
:
: Thanks very much.
:
:

likely not a tab canvas problem, but a block problem

what is your block structure -- do you have any relationships defined?

you will need to provide more details thatn just 'will NOT commit nor process successfully'

error messages?
what exactly happens when you initiate the commit action?

++ mcs Received on Sat Apr 15 2006 - 19:18:35 CDT