how to init blob in java-code thats in the db?

From: bdj <B.D.Jensenremove_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 14:55:58 +0200

Hi!
I want to write some java-code (CREATE OR REPLACE AND RESOLVE JAVA SOURCE NAMED...) where I want to return an image as blob. For doing that I have to initialize the blob in the java-code -correct? I see many examples like
oracle.sql.BLOB.createTemporary(conn, false,oracle.sql.BLOB.DURATION_CALL)

In PL/SQL there is some similar:
dbms_lob.createtemporary(lob_loc => xmlclob, cache => TRUE, dur => dbms_lob.SESSION);

If I have to initialize the blob in the java source, how to do that? I don't want an connection to an remote database, the java-code will be in the database, so can I call createTemporary without >conn<?

(Oracle 10gR2, Windows, Linux, AIX)
The picture will be generated calling other java-code loaded with loadjava. The java-source I want to write will be wrapped with PL/SQL.

Greetings
Bjørn Received on Sat Apr 15 2006 - 07:55:58 CDT